Let Us Help You Find the Best Flight Suitcase on The Market
Flying is easy. Finding the right luggage? Not so much. Everything from the size of the suitcase to its weight and portability matter. Of course, you want a suitcase that looks great, too.
Calvin Klein Nolita 2.0 28 Inch Upright
Our favorite for 2017
Tinyat T305 Business Luggage Carry On Bag Travel Duffel Gym Duffle
A very close runner-up
Ergodyne Arsenal 5125 Wheeled Carry On Luggage
Great rugged looking luggage
We’re going to help you find the best luggage for flying. Here are some things to keep in mind when comparing models:
- Size: The size of the luggage is one of the most important things to consider. Carry-on bags must meet certain size requirements. Otherwise, you’ll need to check the bag, which may come at an added expense. Check the product description to find out its dimensions. In many cases, it will say whether the bag is a suitable carry-on. Not sure what size luggage to buy? Consider how much you plan on packing, and check the dimension of the bag to see if it provides enough space.
- Type: What type of suitcase do you want? You’ll find conventional suitcases on wheels, duffel bags, backpack-style cases, and everything in between. Determine which type you prefer to help narrow down your choices.
- Material: Consider the suitcase’s material. Some materials are more rugged than others, but you may not necessarily need heavy-duty luggage. Choose a material that’s appropriate for your travel style and destination.
- Style: Choose a suitcase that matches your personality and personal style. Luggage comes in a wide range of colors and designs, so you’re sure to find one that you like. Just keep in mind that while style is important, practicality is equally important. Choose a bag that looks great, but is also size-appropriate and designed for your type of traveling.
Reviews – The Top Suitcases for Flying in 2017
Calvin Klein Nolita 2.0 – From one of the most recognizable brands in fashion, the Calvin Klein Nolita 2.0 suitcase is both stylish and durable. Made from high-quality polyester, this suitcase comes in hazel and black colors, and features the CK logo pattern throughout the material.
Four wheels makes it easy to move this luggage throughout the airport, and the two zippered compartments on the front of the case offer extra storage space.
The interior of the case is fully lined, and a built-in mesh pocket provides flexible space for accessory storage. Tie-downs are also built into the interior for more flexibility and protection.
If you want a stylish suitcase that’s easy to transport and offers plenty of packing space, the Nolita 2.0 from Calvin Klein is a great choice.
Tinyat T305 – If you’re going away on business or just like to travel light, the Tinyat T305 is a great option. Considered a business luggage carry on, this bag is a duffle-bag style suitcase with a sophisticated look.
Made of water-resistant nylon, this bag has two aluminum alloy handles on top for easy carrying. A removable and adjustable body strap is also included, so you can use whichever carrying method you prefer.
The bag features multiple interior pockets for storage and to keep your belongings organized. A front compartment provides extra space for mobile phone, tablet, passport, flight tickets and whatever else you want to store.
A folded cushioned pad lets you expand the bag to its maximum size, and the top-loading zipper makes your belongings easily accessible.
Ergodyne Arsenal 5125 – The Arsenal 5125 from Ergodyne is a backpack-style suitcase with a hard back and built-in wheels for easy mobility. Made with 100% 1680D polyester, this bag is rugged and can withstand hard travel.
A retractable handle and additional handles on the top and sides of the bag give you options when carrying this suitcase. And there’s plenty of room to store all of your belongings.
There are three interior pockets and three exterior pockets for easy accessibility and better organization. The top layer of the suitcase can also be unzipped to expand the bag to its maximum size.
The Arsenal 5135 is a great carry-on bag that’s overhead approved to fit in overhead cabin compartments.
EZ Luggage Travel Gear 3-Piece Set – EZ Luggage’s 3-piece suitcase set is ultra-lightweight and features a sturdy construction for maximum durability. Each bag features four wheels that spin in all directions for easy mobility.
The set includes three suitcases: 20” (5lbs), 25” (7lbs) and 29” (8lbs). Each bag has built-in TSA locks for added convenience, and two zippered pockets are built into the front of each suitcase for added storage.
The EZ Luggage set comes in four colors: black, green, red, purple, and grey.
If you’re looking for a lightweight luggage set that comes in bright, easy-to-spot colors, the EZ Luggage Travel Gear set is a great choice.
Iblue Nylo Rolling Travel Tote – For weekend trips and light travelers, the Iblue Nylo travel tote is a smart buy. Lightweight, easy to transport and compact in size, this duffel-bag style suitcase won’t weigh you down.
The bag features a 41” shoulder drop, and is made of lightweight, water-resistant nylon for added durability. Two flexible wheels and a retractable trolley handle make it easy to move this bag around the airport.
With dimensions of 19” x 13.5” x 10.5,” this bag is ideal for short trips, and can fit under most airline seats (or in overhead compartments) with ease.
The Nylo travel tote is available in both blue and yellow colors, and offers a generous amount of interior space for storing your belongings.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Flying Luggage for You
Whether you’re traveling overseas or visiting friends for a weekend, choosing luggage can be a challenge. Is this bag big enough? Will I have hard time getting it into the overhead compartment? Will it fall apart on the journey?
We talked about a few important things to consider when comparing models. Here are some other important factors to keep in mind when choosing your luggage:
- Pockets: Does the bag have pockets on the outside or the inside (or both)? Pockets (especially zippered ones) provide you with a little more room to store smaller items, and help keep your bag better organized. Depending on what you’re packing and where you’re going, you may want a bag that has two or more pockets.
- Sets: Are you looking for a single suitcase, or an entire set? If you travel often and to different places, you may consider a set. Sets offer bags of different sizes, so you can choose the right one for your next trip. If you don’t travel often or you usually travel to the same place, you may only need one suitcase.
- Wheels, Straps, and Handles: Most suitcases have built-in wheels for easy mobility, but not all If you’re going away for more than just a few days, you may want a bag that has wheels and a retractable handle for easy movement. If you’re traveling light or for just a few days, a bag with a strap may be more than sufficient.
- Cost: Luggage can be expensive, but you’ll also find plenty of affordable options on the market. Consider your budget when buying a suitcase, but do remember that quality is especially important. A poor-quality suitcase may be easily damaged on long flights. And if you travel often, you may want to invest in a bag that can withstand heavy use.