Let Us Help You Find the Best Rolling Duffel Bag On the Market
A rolling duffel bag offers the same spacious interior you’ll find with conventional luggage, but comes with the added bonus of being able to be carried by hand just like a regular duffel bag.
Samsonite Luggage Ripstop Wheeled Duffel
Our favorite for 2017
Fila FL-LUD-532-BL 32-inch Lightweight Rolling Duffel
A very close runner-up
Timberland Danvers River 32 Inch Wheeled Duffle
A great product from Timberland
Wheeled duffel bags are a great option for teenagers or short trips. But finding the right bag isn’t always easy, especially when you can’t judge the quality until you actually use it.
When comparing bags, keep the following points in mind:
- Size: The size of the bag is one of the first and most important factors to consider. The bag should provide enough space to store all your belongings without overstuffing. It’s important to note, however, that most wheeled duffel bags are too big to be used as a carry-on. In the majority of cases, you’ll need to check your bag.
- Material: Consider the material used to construct the bag. Nylon is weather-resistant, but you may find that it’s not quite as durable as other materials. Polyester is a little more durable, but doesn’t offer the same level of weather resistance.
- Weight: The lighter the bag, the less the chance of it going over the weight limit even when packed to the brim. Thankfully, most wheeled duffel bags are extremely light, but it’s still important to check the weight of the bag before making a purchase.
We know how challenging it can be to find a duffel bag that’s highly durable, large enough to fit all your items and light enough for plane travel. We’re going to share some of the top models on the market to help make your decision easier.
The Best Duffle Bag Reviews for 2017
Samsonite Luggage 30″ Duffel Bag – Made with 100% nylon, the Samsonite 30″ wheeled duffel bag features an upright locking handle for easy transport. Offering a contemporary design, this bag can hold all your belongings and takes the weight off your shoulders.
The bag features locking zippers on its main compartment, and there are several organization pockets to store essentials.
Offering multiple carry handles, this bag can be wheeled or carried by hand.
To keep your clothing organized, a garment strap is built into the interior of the bag. A zippered mesh pocket is built into this strap, so you can store small items.
If you’re looking for a quality wheeled duffel bag with a contemporary design, the Samsonite Luggage 30″ bag is a great choice.
Fila 32″ Lightweight Wheeled Duffel Bag – Fila’s 32″ wheeled duffel bag is lightweight and features a sporty design. Made from 100% nylon, this bag is water-resistant and offers plenty of space to stow away your items. Available in neon lime and blue, this bag is easy to spot on the luggage carousel.
The recessed skate wheel system offers smooth gliding for easy maneuvering even in busy airports. For added convenience, the handle system is internal and zips up when it’s not in use.
The bag offers a very spacious interior, and side pockets on the exterior make it easy to store last-minute items.
Timberland Danvers River 32″ Duffel Bag – The Timberland Danvers River bag is made from 100% polyester and offers many convenient ways to carry or wheel the bag to your destination.
A zipper closure makes it easy to keep your items secure, while the lightweight fabric allows you to pack more items without fear of going over the weight limit.
The telescoping push-button handle allows you to wheel the bag around the airport, train station or wherever you may be.
The interior of the bag features a large main compartment with garment straps. The interior of the lid also has zippered solid and mesh pockets for additional storage.
Olympia 33″ 8-Pocket Wheeled Duffel Bag – Available in an array of colors, the Olympia 8-pocket, 33″ wheeled duffel bag is constructed with premium, highly durable polyester. With more than half a dozen pockets, this bag offers more than enough room to store your belongings – and those last-minute items you almost forgot on your way out the door.
A U-shaped top opening allows for easy access to the items in your main compartment. The retractable handle hides away in between uses, so you can use the bag as a traditional duffel bag.
The front of the bag features a classic duffel bag handle, so you can carry this bag just as you would a gym bag. The wheeled base makes it easy to lug this bag around airports, train stations, buses and hotel rooms.
Pathfinder Gear 36″ Rolling Duffel Bag – The Pathfinder Gear bag is 36″ and features a rolling wheel base for easy maneuverability. Made from 100% nylon, this bag is weather resistant and easy to keep clean.
The oversized main compartment provides extra storage for items and top access. A zippered panel keeps the lower drop compartment separated from your belongings, and an expansion zipper on the bottom provides 20% more packing capacity.
The one-touch button handle features an ergonomic grip for comfortable carry. Corner-mounted wheels allow for extreme durability no matter what type of terrain you’re facing.
The coil zippers are self-repairing, and the included garment straps keep your clothing in place while you travel.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Travel Duffel Bag for You
There are so many things to consider when buying a traevl duffel bag. We talked about a few important ones earlier, but there are some other features you may want to be on the lookout for, including:
- Retractable Handle: Nearly all modern wheeled duffel bags have retractable handles that make it easy to roll the bag wherever you go. Ideally, you want a bag with a locking handle and a comfortable, ergonomic grip. Most duffel bags will also have the classic front-facing handle that allows you to carry the bag as you would a gym bag.
- Storage Pockets: Storage pockets give you the space you need to store your most essential items. Many wheeled duffel bags will offer pockets on the side exterior of the bag, and a few interior pockets as well. Some bags, like the Samsonite, also offer an extra zippered pocket on the inside garment straps.
- Color: The color of the bag shouldn’t be at the top of your list of important features, but it’s still something to consider. A brightly-colored or unique looking bag may be easier to spot when picking up your luggage. Having color options also lets you choose a bag that matches your personal style.
- Cost: Finally, consider the cost of the bag. Higher costs usually translate to better quality, but that isn’t always the case. Be sure to set a budget, and stick to it when buying your duffel bag. Don’t forget to check reviews before buying to ensure that you choose a quality bag.