Let Us Help You Find the Best Lightweight Spinner Luggage on The Market
Spinner luggage is designed for maximum maneuverability, so you can move through the airport, train station, or wherever you may be with ease. These suitcases have four wheels (rather than two), making them easier to move and taking pressure off your shoulders.
Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion HS Spinner 28
Our favorite for 2016
Travelers Club Luggage Chicago 20 Inch Expandable Carry-On Spinner
A very close runner-up
American Tourister Ilite Xtreme Spinner 25
A great 25 inch spinner
Ideal for heavy bags, spinner luggage is becoming the norm in the luggage world.
We’re going to help you find the right spinner suitcase for your needs. Here’s how to compare them:
- Size: When buying any piece of luggage, it’s important to consider its size. Choose a bag that’s appropriate for your travel needs. If your plan is to only bring a carry-on bag, make sure the suitcase you choose meets the requirements for carry-on luggage. Aside from the overall dimensions, you also want to make sure that the interior offers enough space for your belongings.
- Material: You’ll find both hard case and soft case spinner bags. Both are great, but you’ll want to choose a material that meets your personal preferences. Hard case luggage is lightweight and highly durable. Soft case luggage is also light, but may not be ideal for rough traveling conditions. Keep your travel plans in mind when deciding on the material for your luggage.
- Interior Space: Consider the suitcase’s interior. Do you want a divider? How many pockets will you need? Are there straps or tie-downs to keep your clothing secure? The layout of the interior is an important feature that you’ll need to consider when buying a suitcase, especially if you need to pack formal or business attire.
Reviews – The Top Spinner Luggage for 2017
Samsonite Winfield2 Fashion 28” – The Winfield2 Fashion suitcase stands 13” tall, and features a polycarbonate exterior for maximum durability. Available in six colors (red, charcoal, purple, deep blue, black and burgundy), you’re sure to find a case that matches your personal style.
The interior of the suitcase features a fabric lining with a zipper closure to keep your belongings neatly organized and protected. A full zip interior divider is built into the interior to separate clothing, and organization pockets hold all your essentials.
A set of side-mounted TSA locks makes this suitcase even more attractive, and its focus on organization makes it a great choice for business travelers.
Travelers Club Chicago 20 – The Chicago 20 from Travelers Club is an expandable carry-on spinner suitcase that comes in four fun colors: hot pink, gray, black, and cobalt blue.
Made from 100% ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), this suitcase is highly durable, and the top corner guards offer extra protection against dings and dents.
The suitcase expands an extra 25% for added capacity, and the spinner wheels allow for complete upright mobility.
The interior features tie-downs, zippered storage pockets, and an enclosed divider to keep your belongings organized and protected.
The high durability and bright colors of the Chicago 20 line makes this luggage a great option for families.
American Tourister Xtreme Spinner 25 – From the American Tourister brand, the Xtreme Spinner 25 is extremely lightweight and comes in four distinct colors: Capri Breeze, Cherry, Purple Dot, Orange and Black.
The exterior of the luggage is made from 100% polyester, which is highly durable. The nylon interior lining is water-resistant to protect your items from water damage.
The interior features a deep packing area as well as mesh pockets and a zippered pouch. Three additional zippered storage compartments are built into the front of the suitcase.
If you want a spinner suitcase with a fabric exterior, the Xtreme Spinner 25 is a great option.
Delsey Luggage Helium Aero – The Helium Aero from Delsey Luggage features a 100% polycarbonate construction, and comes in a vast array of colors: Titanium, Cobalt Blue, Brick Red, Brushed Charcoal, Emerald Green, Purple, and Teal.
The interior nylon lining keeps your items safe and dry, while the zipper closure allows for easy access to your belongings. A set of TSA locks is featured on the hard-side, which only allows TSA agents to open the lock for inspections.
The hard-side of the case features a split opening and two compartments. The soft-side has a single large compartment and zippered pockets inside the lid.
The main compartment expands to provide you with additional packing space and a little more flexibility.
The TSA locks and well-organized interior makes this suitcase a great option for frequent travelers.
Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 – The Winfield 2 is a durable, stylish, and well-designed suitcase from one of the most famous luggage brands in the world: Samsonite.
The front exterior features a 100% polycarbonate construction for high durability, and the case comes in six colors: Orange, Charcoal, Purple, Burgundy, Black, and Deep Blue.
The fabric lining helps protect your belongings, while the zipper closure keeps everything organized. The divider zippers close as well, and features organization pockets.
The Winfield 2 stands 11” high and is 16.5” wide with a squared design. It also has a set of TSA locks for added security.
For short trips, the Winfield 2 is a great choice.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Spinner Luggage for You
There are many advantages to choosing spinner luggage vs rolling luggage, but finding the right bag is never easy. We already discussed the importance of size, material, and interior space. Here are a few other considerations to keep in mind if you’re having trouble deciding on a single suitcase:
- TSA Locks: Many spinner suitcases come with TSA locks for added security. These specialized locks can only be opened by TSA agents, so you don’t have to worry about strangers going through your bag.
- Color: The look of the bag isn’t the most important feature, but one that you should still consider. Bright colors make your bag easier to spot on the luggage carousel. Most suitcases come in a wide range of colors, so you can choose one that suits your personality.
- Weight: The weight of the suitcase is an important consideration, but one that many travelers overlook. Whether you pack heavy or travel light, you’ll want a suitcase that’s as light as possible to avoid going over the limit. Check the product description to find out how much the bag weighs.
- Extended Capacity: If you want a little flexibility with your luggage, look for a suitcase that offers extended capacity. These bags have special zippered sections that open up to allow for more interior space. Some hard case bags have a full capacity design, which means you won’t be able to expand the interior.
- Price: The cost of the bag is a natural consideration. If you’re a frequent traveler, it’s worth the cost to invest in high quality luggage. But even for the casual traveler, a good suitcase can last years. Choose the best quality bag you can afford, rather than the cheapest suitcase you can find.