Let Us Help You Find the Best Travel Pants
Airplanes are uncomfortable. Your neck hurts, your back hurts and your comfortable clothes aren’t as comfortable as you thought after sitting for hours on a plane. You’ll often feel the buttons on your jeans digging into your leg or bottom, leaving you sore when you get up at your dream destination.
Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible Pant
Our favorite for 2017
IZOD Men’s Ultimate Travel Straight Fit Pant
A very close runner-up
UB Tech Rainier Mens Travel Chino Pants
A nice chino pant
Mens’ travel clothes are perfect for your getaway because they’re designed for the long bouts of sitting.
You’ll find a variety of manufacturers offering travel-specific pants. We’ve had the pleasure of reviewing and researching travel pants and have chosen a few pairs of pants that we felt perform the best.
When comparing between the pants below, keep the following points in mind:
- Pockets: Never underestimate the importance of pockets. There are back pockets, cargo pockets, ticket pockets, zippered pockets and more. The pocket type you choose should match your needs. If you need to hold more than a wallet, you may want to have a cargo pocket that snaps together to keep your belongings safe.
- Convertible Options: Columbia’s Men’s Silver Ridge pants are convertible, and this allows you to pack shorts and pants in one. If you’re going to a destination where the climate differs greatly from your departing destination, convertible pants are a great choice.
- Material: Nylon is a great material for durability and weather-resistance. Polyester is heat-resistant, albeit a weaker fabric than Nylon. Cotton is soft and cool while also being abrasion-resistant.
The pants you choose need to be broken down by material and features to really compare each pair properly.
Reviews of the Best Men’s Travel Pants
Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pant – Columbia’s Silver Ridge Convertible pant is comfortable, fits well and looks stylish, too. Made from 100% nylon, these pants have side cargo pockets for your wallet and phone, and a belted waist allows for a belt to be worn.
Rear flap pockets are present, too.
What really stands out with these pants is that they can convert into shorts. A zipper off leg option with a 10” seam is available. You can leave home with pants and wear shorts when you reach your sunny destination.
Eight color options are available. These pants are great for traveling to different regions of the world where the climate fluctuates quickly. There’s also Omni-Wick evaporation technology to keep your legs from sweating.
IZOD Men’s Ultimate Travel Straight Fit Pant – When you need lightweight travel pants that are perfect for business meetings, IZOD offers a great option. The Men’s Ultimate comes in four colors, and the 100% polyester keeps your legs cool.
Wrinkle-free material allows you to walk off the plane and head straight to your business meeting with confidence.
The fit is perfect, and you can machine wash these pants. Flat-front, straight leg with button back pockets make this a functional pant. The waist doesn’t include stretch material, but you can wear a belt to stay more comfortable.
If you need wrinkle-free pants during your travels, these are a great choice.
UnionBay Men’s Rainier Travel Chino Pants – UnionBay offers Chino pants that are made of 94% nylon with stretch fabric for the utmost in comfort. These pants are stylish yet comfortable thanks to the stretch material and lightweight design.
Classic flat front pockets are incorporated into these pants, and if they get wet, they dry quickly.
If you’re visiting a tropical destination where a spurt of rain occurs every afternoon, these are great pants to own because they dry quickly. These pants are UPF 50, and they fit near perfectly, which is not the case with all men’s pants. Three color options are available, too.
One side leg pocket is available with a zip closure and zip back pocket.
CQR Men’s Tactical Pants Lightweight Assault Cargo – CQR offers assault cargo pants that are lightweight and provide a hint of extra performance for military and law enforcement. These pants are designed with Duratex material that’s able to repel: dirt, liquid and other contaminants.
If you’re a traveler that likes to go outside of the city center and get your hands dirty, these are a great pair of pants.
Rip-stop fabric is incorporated in these pants, which are constructed with 65% polyester and 35% cotton. These pants are shrink, fade and wrinkle resistant. There are 8 multi-purpose cargo pockets incorporated in the pants to store tools, passports, your wallet and more.
An elastic waistband keeps the pants snug on the waist.
Columbia Sportswear Men’s Global Adventure II Pant – The Global Adventure II pant is designed with 88% polyester and 12% elastane. These pants offer an accurate fit, and there are three main color options offered. These pants are straight-leg, and they’re a great all-around travel pant.
A zip-closed security pocket allows you to keep your belongings safe from the pickpocketers of Naples or from merely falling out.
Omni-shield repellency technology and Omni-shade sun protection of UPF 50 is offered. Lightweight and durable, these pants are water-repellent and offer stretch fabric for a better overall fit.
There are two front and back pockets. The zippered security product is 6” wide and has a 6.5” depth.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Pants for Travel
Choosing the best travel pants is difficult. You need to take your own usage into account. A man who wants to unzipper the bottom of his pants and wear shorts will have different needs than a person that plans to run in their pants.
If you’re going to Naples, Italy where pickpocketers are in abundance, a zippered pocket will help save you from being robbed or make you less of a target.
There’s a lot to consider when choosing the right pants for you:
- Sizing: An appropriate fit has a lot to do with comfort. Pants with elastic or stretch material offer a better overall fit. Elastic waists allow you to ensure the pant fits comfortably without sliding down or falling in the process.
- Price: You don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on pants that you might only wear on a plane. But the pants we mentioned offer everyday wear, too. If you’re on a lower budget, read reviews and make sure that the cheaper pants don’t rip or fall apart quickly.
- Resistance: Water resistant material will keep your legs dry, and other resistance is offered, too. Some resistance options will keep bacteria off your pants as well as water so that you don’t have to walk around with wet pants. Wrinkle-resistance is another great option that keeps your pants looking sharp and neatly pressed – even when they’re not.
We’re confident that you’ll be able to find the perfect pair of travel pants in the list above if you use our tips and recommendations to choose the perfect pants for you.