Let Us Help You Find the Best Memory Foam Airplane Pillow on The Market
Whether it’s a long ride on a plane, train, bus or car, a travel pillow can make the journey more comfortable. There are plenty of travel pillows on the market today, but the ones with a memory foam core are the most comfortable.
JetComfy Travel Pillow – Memory Foam
Our favorite for 2016
Travelmate Memory Foam Neck Pillow
A very close runner-up
MemorySoft Memory Foam Neck Pillow with Travel Bag
Comes with a travel bag
How can you find the right pillow for your needs? We’re going to review the top models on the market. Here’s how to compare them:
- Size: The size of the pillow is important, especially if you plan to listen to music as you rest. Taller pillows may make it uncomfortable to wear earbuds or headphones. The length of the pillow is also important. Check the product description to make sure the pillow is the right size for your neck.
- Shape: Most travel pillows have a U-shaped design, but you’ll also find ones that are cylindrical and even flat. Choose the shape that you find most comfortable. U-shaped pillows are the most popular and typically offer the best level of support and comfort.
- Adjustable: Some newer travel pillows have adjustable features that allow you to choose the right level of thickness or position for your comfort needs. If you have a hard time finding a comfortable position with a normal pillow, consider a model with adjustable features. The JetComfy pillow, for example, sits atop an adjustable arm that you can move into any position.
- Weight: The weight of the pillow may seem irrelevant, but it will play a role in the pillow’s comfort level. The heavier the pillow, the harder it will be to use it for an extended period of time. The lighter the pillow, the longer you can use it without feeling discomfort in your shoulders or neck.
The Best Neck Pillow Reviews for 2017
JetComfy Travel Pillow – JetComfy calls its pillow “the world’s best travel pillow.” Lightweight and compact, this memory foam pillow is adjustable to help you find the perfect position for your head, face, and neck.
What makes this pillow unique is the adjustable arm that attaches to the armrest of the seat. The pivoting arm allows you to move the pillow into any position you want.
The pillow itself is ergonomically designed and features a full two inches of memory foam to cradle your face, and take the weight off your back and neck.
Its compact design makes this pillow 60% more compact than U-shaped pillows.
As an added convenience, the included armrest strap also works as a luggage strap to keep your pillow secure.
If you want the best travel pillow in the world, the JetComfy is the right choice.
Travelmate Memory Foam Pillow – If you prefer basic neck pillows for travel, Travelmate’s memory foam U-shaped pillow is a smart choice.
The new version of this pillow features a removable insert, so you can adjust the thickness of the pillow to your liking based on your sitting position. With dimensions of 11” x 12” x 3.8,” this pillow is just the right size for neck support.
The machine-washable cover is made of velour for added comfort, and the elastic strap makes it easy to attach this pillow to your carry-on luggage.
The Travelmate pillow features a simple design, but gives you the option to adjust the thickness depending on your comfort preference and the position you’re sitting.
MemorySoft Memory Foam Neck Pillow – The MemorySoft pillow feature a contoured design for added comfort, and comes with a convenient travel bag.
The U-shaped design allows for a supportive yet comfortable feel, and the memory foam conforms to the natural curves of your head and neck. The exterior of the pillow features imported velour with a plush feel, and the cover is removable for easy cleaning.
The pillow also has adjustable toggles for extra support.
The MemorySoft pillow can be used on planes, trains, buses, or even long car rides, so you can enjoy the ride in comfort.
If you’re looking for a pillow that’s adjustable and has a contoured design, this one may be the right choice for you.
SmarterLife Travel Neck Pillow – SmarterLife’s travel neck pillow features a breathable cover, and a contoured design for added comfort. Hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial, this pillow is resistant to pet dander, dust mites and pollen. That’s all thanks to the memory foam, which is naturally resistant to these irritants.
Drawstrings attached to the end of the pillow allow you to make adjustments for the perfect fit. The strings are removable, too, for your convenience. The breathable cover is also removable for easy cleaning.
A matching travel bag is included for easy transport of your pillow.
The SmarterLife pillow is the ideal height for use with headphones and earbuds, so if you’re the type to listen to music while you travel, this pillow may be the right choice for you.
Aeris Memory Foam Travel Pillow – The Aeris memory foam pillow is very similar in design and shape to the MemorySoft pillow. Featuring a contoured design and a matching travel bag, this U-shaped pillow will provide you with comfort no matter where you go.
The memory foam core is protected by an internal cover, and the external velour cover is machine washable. Built-in ventilation holes keep you cool, so you can enjoy a comfortable sleep.
What makes the Aeris pillow unique is the extra accessories that come with it. In addition to the pillow and travel bag, you also receive a set of ear plugs and a sleep mask. The pillow comes in four colors to match your personality: purple, blue, gray, and black.
If you want a pillow that comes with helpful accessories, the Aeris is a smart buy.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Memory Foam Travel Pillow for You
Buying a memory foam pillow is simple, right? After all, it’s just a pillow. But the shape, thickness and size of the pillow will play a major role in how much comfort and support it provides.
An uncomfortable pillow can make an already-uncomfortable plane ride unbearable.
How can you find the right memory foam pillow for you? Here are some things to consider:
- Breathability: Traditional memory foam is not very breathable, so it can get uncomfortably hot to sleep on. Pillows that have breathable covers or ventilation holes prevent this from happening, so you enjoy a comfortable and cool night of sleep.
- Accessories: Some pillows come with extra accessories to further enhance comfort levels and convenience. The Aeris pillow, for example, comes with a set of earplugs and a sleep mask, so you can tune out the world for a truly restful sleep. Other pillows come with a convenient travel bag to keep your pillow protected and for easy portability.
- Contoured Design: Some travel pillows have a contoured design, while others have a generic U-shaped design. The benefit of choosing a contoured pillow is that it cradles the natural curves of your neck and face or added comfort.
- Washable Cover: Ideally, you want a pillow that has a removable and machine washable cover. Pillows without a removable cover are more difficult to keep clean. If you travel often, this is one feature that you must have in your pillow.
- Cost: Travel pillows are affordable (even on the higher end), but it’s still important to consider the costs. If you’re a frequent traveler, you may want to invest in a higher-end pillow that offers more adjustability and comfort.